Thursday, August 19, 2010

Extra, Extra.....Read all about it!

I have applied to Culinary School!  It is blaringly obvious to me that this is God's plan.  I am taking the baking and pastry program at Le Cordon Bleu.  In a rather short amount of time I applied, got accepted and found financial aid!  Its kinda funny to see how quickly it has all happened.

I will be starting in late September and it will be an everyday thing.  I must say that I'm completely blown away at how wonderful the staff is at the school.  My advisor, Lori, has been there every step of the way.  She has always been motivating and encouraging!  Needless to say, I'm so excited!  I will be taking a weekend Chef's Series class in a few weeks on cake decorating.  I'm just anxious to get started!

I'm attaching a few pictures of me getting fitted for my chef's coat.  I can't wait!  I'll keep you updated!



1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! This is so exciting! I've always wanted to do something like this, but I've never thought it would actually be possible. I always thought it would be some 'special', snobbish and haughty person who would go to Le Cordon Bleu, but you just seem to have a passion and a desire to further your skills. Even though I'm young and have my whole life ahead of me, I always get stressed about the idea that I'll never actually be able to achieve my dream, but you are such an inspiration for me, I can't even express how much that's the case.
    I hope you have an amazing time and I wish you the best of luck.

    ReplyDelete